Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fun...ramblings...nerves? I don't know...

Hey all,
So I have recently been stumbling and pinning and let me say...I don't have enough time to do all this.  Between work, school, and creeping on the internet, there are not enough hours in the day.  But alas, I will just have to suffer through it. 
I'm nervous...cannot tell a lie. I am currently in Block of classes and starting next school year, I student teach. I'm so scared that I'm going to screw up.  Deep down, I know I won't, but still that fear exists.  The other thing I'm worried about? 
Maid of Honor speech.  I'm totally scared that I'm going to just not make any sense at all.  I'll start off and then all of a sudden it will get extremely awkward and I'll be standing there as red as a tomato (Yes I can get as red as a tomato.  Plenty of former peers have proven that.)  And it's as if I'm socially awkward enough.  I can't count on one hand the number of times that I have pulled off looking cool in front of big crowds.
Most of the time I'm the kid that doesn't say anything and when I do, its sounds either really creepy or really mean or just plain wrong.  I can't help it...well I could and I have come to grips with my awkwardness. It's just society's ideas of what we're supposed to do make me cringe and hide my face. 
I really just need to follow this quote by Cynthia Heimel.  "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself.  There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth.  So what the hell...leap."
That is my new mantra.  I'm going to take the leap and see what happens. 
What about you?
   CG

No comments:

Post a Comment